Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dita Von Teese Perfume Review

I have been following quite a few fellow vintage bloggers for the last few months and have noticed that no one, to my knowledge, has reviewed or even mentioned trying out Dita's new perfumes!

Well I thought I would go ahead and give it a whirl and give you the skinny on these fabulous scents. Her first one, simply named after her, struck me as an instant gem to investigate due to its amazing vintage inspired packaging.




Dita Von Teese 2.5 fl. oz. Eau de Parfum


Looking at the sleek black vixen-esque design along with reading her description of what components made up the scent, I assumed it would be a dark, heavy type that would scream take me out to dinner!!  Surprisingly, it smelled exactly the opposite, it was like fresh cotton linen. A light scent that most would wear during a hot summer day.

This type of scent, although fresh and light, doesn't really appeal to me since I like a seriously femme fatal type scent day or night. So I tested her second perfume to hit the shelves called "Rouge".



Dita Von Teese 1.4 fl. oz. Rouge Eau de Parfum


I can't tell you enough how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS SCENT!!! It is exactly what I was looking for, sensual, spicy, and unlike anything I have ever smelled before.  In the past few months I have been wearing this scent, I have received numerous compliments on how divine it is!  I also love how she offers you two choices in sizes for both scents so if you want a smaller version of the bottles  to glam up your already crowded vanity table, she's got you covered! There are also lotions and shower gels to match both scents that come as sets or can be purchased separately.  I was amazed to find that the shower gel for Rouge smells EXACTLY like the perfume, which is rare to find!

As if this wasn't exciting enough, the girl is hard at work on a third, yes you read it right, THIRD scent as well that will come in a gorgeous lavender colored bottle that appears to compliment your summertime wardrobe.

So whether you are or are not of the vintage persuasion, rush out and try either one of these as they are the perfect compliment to your overall vintage look or glam up your "norm" look! They are not carried everywhere so you will have to either purchase them from the Home Shopping Network, Ron Robinson's, or Fred Segal.


XOXO
-M

No comments: