Thursday, June 20, 2013

1950's Slang Throwback Thursdays: Word of the Day

SAY WHAT?

Hey Kids! Time for another history lesson in 1950's slang! Here is one of my personal favorites that I use quite often!
 

"Meanwhile, back at the ranch"

Meaning:
 It comes from the old television western shows where someone telling the story would then say this line when they got off track from the storyline.

"Yeah I know I was supposed to go the the store earlier but on the way I saw Gimble's Basement was having a sale so I went there instead and found four dresses, a pair of shoes, you know the ones I told you I been looking for but could never find. Would you believe they actually had them in my size too, so I just had to have them but meanwhile, back at the ranch, by the time I got to the store it was already after three o'clock."
 
 

'Til next time kids!

XOXO
-M

No comments: