Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gearing Up For Palm Springs!


At the end of this month I will be heading out to Palm Springs for a little R&R as well as some much needed location scouting for one of my short films that me and my fabulous production team have been working on this last year.

This will be my first time vacationing in the Mid Century Mecca Land of our "forebearers" ie, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Lucille Ball and many other fabulous celebrities of the past.

I have been trying to get to Palm Springs for the last few years to see what all the fuss is about and finally, thanks to my good friend and film sound designer Robbin G., that dream will finally be coming true for the Labor Day weekend as we will be staying at her rental in the city.

I have gone through the city's website for ideas on what we can do there and have some pretty basic touristy ideas of where to go and what to see. Unfortunately we will only have about 3 days there so, seeing as how we are pressed for time, I want to make the most out of our trip.  I definitely want to get some sightseeing in on the amazing mid century architecture, and hopefully some vintage shopping will be thrown in there too, but would definitely love to see the "hidden treasures" the city has to offer as well.

So if you are a frequent PS visitor and have some tips on art deco/vintage places to eat, see, shop, etc please let me know! Any ideas/tips would be greatly appreciated!!


XOXO
-M

No comments: