Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Christmas Stocking Stuffers - Flora by Gucci


Christmas will be here before you know it and if you are anything like me, you struggle at answering that big question - "what would you like for Christmas?" I rarely get asked this question these days but when I am asked, I try to always think of things that I have been wanting but either just haven't had a chance to buy or haven't been able to find.

One of the main things I love getting is parfum, and if you are like me, then you are particular about what you wear and how it smells on you. Especially if you are looking for a vintage style fragrance that doesn't smell like candy or fruit but something a sophisticated woman would love to wear.  I'm always on the hunt for a great parfum and with all of the junk in the department stores these days, it's hard to find something that doesn't have an alcohol, peppery, or cotton candy stench which to me doesn't really compliment the sensual side of a woman, but in fact down plays it, sorry it's just not my thing. I tend to gravitate towards more sensual scents that stand out and capitalize on my vintage style.

One such fragrance that seems to hold up to the "everything vintage lover's" approval is one that I have adored for quite some time and seem to get endless compliments on which is the one and only "Flora" by Gucci.


The scent is composed of accents such as Citrus Accord, Peony, Rose, Osmanthus Flower, Pink Pepper, and Sandalwood with no one aspect overpowering the other, a truly well blended formula. It's a great combination of soft and sensual yet fun and sophisticated scents and is perfect mostly for a day time wear as it's light yet compelling enough to still provide a distinct fragrance.

Ever since I tried a sample of this parfum I have been obsessed with it.  After trying all of the Flora scents I believe this one to be the best when looking for a true vintage-esque flair.  The others are perfect if you are looking for more candy or floral like scents for mainly day time wear as well.

What is even more fascinating about the history of this fragrance is the fact that the first "Flora" scarf was exclusively designed for Princess Grace of Monaco in 1966 and she soon would become one of the most popular Gucci icons and actually endorsed Flora herself.

Princess Grace Kelly Wearing Her Flora Scarf
So hopefully this post will spark some ideas on some great stocking stuffer gifts for yourself or that special someone. Be sure you get the Eau de Parfume rather than the Toilette Spray if you want more of a pure and long lasting scent as toilette scents tend to be more "watered down" in my opinion but definitely give both a test run to see how each gel's with your body chemistry.

You just can't go wrong with Flora, I think Princess Grace would agree with me on that!


You can find Gucci's Flora at most major department stores and Sephora.

Happy Shopping!

XOXO
-M


No comments: